On this page you can read the purpose of Northwest Regional Spinners Association's existance and a bit about our history. You can also find contact information if you have questions.
NwRSA is open to residents of Wasington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. Non-Voting Associate Memberships are available for Guilds and for spinners outside the region.The purpose of Northwest Regional Spinners Association is. . . .
- To promote awareness and the art and craft of handspinning in the community at large.
- To provide a communication network for spinners in the Nortwest Region.
- To give handspinners an opportunity to share, learn, educate, compete and work together on a regional basis.
- To sponsor an annual conference for educational purposes to benefit members and the general public.
- To engage in other activities related to educating the members and the public about the craft of handspinning.
- To sponsor seminars and workshops for the membership.
In February, 1983, a small group of spinners from Washington and Oregon met to determine interest in a regional spinners' association. From this dedicated, hardworking nucleus came Northwest Regional Spinners Association, Inc.
NwRSA incorporated as a non-profit organization in 1986, and now has over 600 active members in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana with associate members throughout North America, England and New Zealand.
Questions? Contact our Membership Chair: Laura Ferguson at email@example.com.